The South African Traditional Music Achievements Awards is an Event Brand Property owned by the Mageza Heritage Foundation. Dr Dumisani Goba is the President and Founder Member of the Mageza Heritage Foundation. He is a South African and is currently based in Ndwedwe, KwaZulu Natal Province. The Awards have been successfully hosted in South Africa since 2006. Between 2006 to 2011 and 2015 to 2016, they were hosted in KwaZulu Natal and 2012 to 2014 in the Eastern Cape Provinces respectively.
Key partners and Sponsors in the past 11 years includes but not limited to the following:
- National Heritage Council
- National Departments of Arts and Culture
- Freedom Park Trust
- Provincial Arts and Culture Departments
- Local Government in KwaZulu Natal and Eastern Cape Province
- National Lottery Commision
- South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC)
The highlight of the Awards was the 10th Anniversary hosted at the University of Zululand in Empangeni, KwaZulu Natal in 2015. Mama Sarah Obama, Grandmother to former President Barack Obama was the key guest of honor.
The Awards seek to celebrate the diverse musical cultures ad also eliminate tribalism and other divisive measures within the South African, African Continent Communities including its Diaspora.
The Mageza Heritage Foundation has given Traditional Music in South Africa prominence and the awards have become an appropriate vehicle and platform to honor musicians by hosting of ceremonial events.
The other Subsidiary event Successfully hosted in 2016 was the Cultural Parade and Carnival hosted in Durban.30 000 patrons participated in the event. Heritage and Culture in South Africa and the Continent is very much neglected and not given the prominence it deserves.
As we reclaim our cultural heritage in the 21st Century, much more needs to be done by African Governments and African Union (AU) in Nation Building and Social Cohesion through Projects that promote Ubuntu, Heritage and Multi Cultural Exchanges In the Continent and it's Diaspora
The ”A Re Yeng Bokone Bophirima " Brand Platform remains key in unlocking Economic and Commercial value in the hosting of the SATMA AWARDS in 2017 until 2019.
- To promote and develop traditional music across racial ethnic background.
- To encourage multi-cultural exchange amongst all the diverse citizens of South Africa and the world.
- To expose the richness of traditional music heritage nationally and globally.
- To preserve Traditional music.
- To establish an international Traditional museum (House of Fame, Library, Arts and Culture Hub, Cultural Heritage, Learning Centre and Traditional Restaurant).
- To link with cultural organizations with similar objectives within our Nation and the world at large.
- To unearth musical talents through the staging of Road Shows in all the provinces.
- Better lives. Better families. Better communities.
- A better world through our hands.
- Unleash and develop traditional musicians by providing a platform that will recognize, honor, award and showcase their God given talent.
- Connecting various African ethnic and racial groups through the celebration of our diverse musical heritage as we combat tribalism and all the other divisive measures.
The South African Traditional Music Achievement Awards are READY to host Obama, Malcom X and Nkrumah Families!!!!